April 2018: Play Video on Amazon Firestick from NAS.
If you have Amazon Fire Sticks and you want to play video from Synology NAS:
- maybe VLC has stopped connecting to your NAS?
- In Synology DSM – Create a user for your Fire Stick with a password and grant them access to the folder containing your video.
- In Synology DSM – Control Panel – File Services – Enable SMB v1 [important].
- On Firestick – install VLC + ES File Explorer from the Apps.
- Open ES File Explorer -> Browse to Network -> Scan. This should return your NAS. Now connect, entering the Username/Password.
- Browse to Video file and you click to play, you will be able to open with VLC.
Leave a Reply